The first law firm to operate in Malta was an association between the four partners, Dr. Giuseppe Maria Camilleri LL.D, Dr. Riccardo Farrugia LL.D, Dr. Giuseppe Giovanni Gatt LL.D and Dr. Benny Delia LL.D. This law firm was founded in 1958.
In 1960 Dr. Giuseppe Giovanni Gatt and Dr. Riccardo Farrugia left the said firm and formed their own law firm under the name “Farrugia & Gatt” with Offices in Zachary Street, Valletta. In 1967, Dr Vincent Falzon joined this law firm and the name of the firm was changed to “Farrugia, Gatt & Falzon (Advocates)”
Meanwhile the firm moved to larger offices situated at ‘Regency House, Republic Street, Valletta’, from where it is still operating to date.
Dr. Riccardo Farrugia became a Judge in 1972 and in 1973 the law firm lost its highly esteemed senior partner Dr.Giuseppe Giovanni Gatt who died on the 28th of November 1973. Following these two losses,Dr. Giovanni Bonello was welcomed as a new partner. Dr Bonello left the law firm to serve as Judge of the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
Dr. Ronnie Conti LL.D, also joined the Firm but subsequently left in order to serve as a Magistrate. The same happened to Dr. Gino Camilleri who became a partner and subsequently a Magistrate and then a Judge; Dr. Giovanni Griscti and Dr. Doreen Clarke, both partners within the firm, also became Magistrates.
Farrugia,Gatt and Falzon Advocates has had the privilege to welcome as partners from time to time the following lawyers Dr. Harry Vassallo, Dr. Robert Staines, Dr. Pio Valletta, Dr. Stefan Meilak, The Hon Dr. Austin Gatt, Dr. Joseph P. Bonnici, Dr. Errol Cutajar and Dr. Astrid May Falzon.